Here's your quick overview of what has been happening around Wikidata over the last week.
- Tool of the week
- Ordia generates statistics from Wikidata lexeme information, and through the "Text to Lexemes" feature allows linking a document to the associated lexemes, and highlighting missing lexemes that can be added.
- Did you know?
- Newest properties:
- New property proposals to review:
- General datatypes: IDU general item ID, CONI honoured ID, parliament seats, electoral system, same transportation stop on the other side of the road, string instrument handedness, Canadiana Name Authorities in French ID, defines curriculum, clinitalregister.eu
- External identifiers: Encyclopedia of České Budějovice ID, DPVweb ID, IDU theatre ID, Ternopil Encyclopedia ID, ROKPS ID, Aberdeen Built Ships ID, Bibliotheca Augustana author ID, Diels-Kranz ID, IDU theatre name ID (2), Oregon Historic Sites Database ID, Infames Romani ID, Accademia delle Scienze di Torino ID, Heritage Gateway ID, Il Sole 24 Ore ID, identifiant monument MémorialGenWeb, Extratime.ie player ID, DGHS facility code, WikiTrek ID, Itch.io developper profile
- Deleted properties: P134 (has dialect), P1432 (B-side)
- Query examples:
- Newest database reports: Lincoln (disambiguation page)
- Prototyping week: the Wikidata team at Wikimedia Germany spent one week working on some quick experiements. The projects developed during this week are not necessarily going to be added to the maintained codebase. Among those projects:
- try to use GraphQL for the API providing access to Wikibase/Wikidata data
- allow to programmatically access different configuration variables of a Wikibase instance to make it easier for tools to built on top of it
- investigate ranking for Items to order them by their relevance in a query result
- com up with a workflows for editing statements linking to other Items in the Wikidata Bridge
- identify how to improve Wikidata's accessibility
- create design system components to continue improving consistency
You can see all open tickets related to Wikidata here. If you want to help, you can also have a look at the tasks needing a volunteer.